vrijdag 17 februari 2012

Things are clear!

Remember I told you all how I believe everything happens for a reason. Well, now everything has become clear. While this thing just kept on going, and the police and procureur just kept me waiting, last week  a girl with a landrover drove into the auberge, and immediately I was lost. One week later, me and Anita are a couple and she has realy got me through this ordeal.She is traveling to Namibia and as this is where I'm going we will take on this adventure together.
 This morning, it was my last chance to get the bike back before she had to leave, and after waiting for 2 hours at the 'tribunal' the miracle happened. They said I would get my bike, camera and gps back.


Now I'm sitting in the auberge and still it hasn't sunk in, I'm free. In one hour I will pack my stuff and leave the place where I stayed for 5 weeks and then we're off to the Segou festival and monday towards Burkina. Bye bye Mali.
Thanks for all the support! Next blog from Burkina! 

Update: Just arrived in Bobo-Dioulasso,Burkina Faso, tomorrow I will be in Ouagadougou to arrrange some visa, work on the bike and wait for Anita, Thomas (Swiss in a 4x4 van) and Matias/Matea (Slovenian in a van) to arrive. I'm just very glad to be out of Mali, and in the next weeks will travel downwards towards Nigeria and Cameroun.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. héla héla, 'me and Anita were a couple'... L'amour? :-) Let op hé. Van 't een gevang in 't ander anders! LOL!
    Kom, zet hier maar rap een fotoke van Anita. 'k wil wel is zien welke dappere 'girl' daar 'toevallig' alleen met een landrover aangerold komt. Hoe oud is ze, wat is haar beroep, is ze getrouwd (geweest) kinderen, vrijgezel, wat gaat ze in Namibia doen... Ik ben niet curieus zenne... :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. het werd verdorie tijd!!!
    en voor wat er u te wachten staat, succes, het is u
    gegund!!
    Titbird ter info, er is een ferry tss Mersin en Alex heel binnenkort....passage looking much better now
    groeten----------geert

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wanneer is de trouwdatum? Wij zijn oprecht blij met je successen !
    Laat de mooie foto's nu maar snel terug op ons los.
    Jan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Eind goed al goed en ze leefden nog lang en gelukkig?
    Geniet van de prille liefde.
    Alleen jammer dat ze met de auto reist :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Da's een story voor ne film van te maken en kanshebber voor de Oscar van "Het beste scenario" Great news !!!! Enjoy the trip and Anita !! Luc Smets

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. So happy to hear that the crazy mali story ended up well... I mean come on... it's more than well!!! Enjoy the rest of the trip together w. Anita and both stay safe!!! Cheers from Oppi Koppi (beautiful camp in central Namibia free for overlanders... aaa and run by a belge)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hey Tony,

    mooi om je verhalen te kunnen volgen en dat het inmiddels weer goed met je gaat en je een travel-mate hebt gevonden! Keep up the good travels en kijk uit voor onterechte aanhoudingen!

    groet, Leon
    (sleeping camel, Bamako)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Hoi Tony,

    wat moeten we daar op zeggen ;-)

    liefs voor jou en je nieuwe liefde vanwege dat ander schoon reiskoppel :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen